Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
Natalie Babbitt’s classic fantasy novel, Tuck Everlasting, follows the adventures of ten-year-old Winnie Foster who is eager to leave her home in Treegap in search of adventure. The novel explores the idea of making a difference. Students will have the opportunity to explore the choices Winnie makes and the value of life inside of expertly crafted scenes. By using extensive imagery and figurative language the author invites readers to engage with similes, metaphors, and personification to construct meaning and developing an appreciation of figurative language.
Teach with Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 6 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Figurative Language
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
Tuck Everlasting Resource Set
Tuck Everlasting Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.6.4a L.6.5 L.6.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books. Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade now and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.