Lesson Plans • Resources • Activities
Tuck Everlasting Super Pack
Natalie Babbitt’s classic fantasy novel, Tuck Everlasting, follows the adventures of ten-year-old Winnie Foster who is eager to leave her home in Treegap in search of adventure. The novel explores the idea of making a difference. Students will have the opportunity to explore the choices Winnie makes and the value of life inside of expertly crafted scenes. By using extensive imagery and figurative language the author invites readers to engage with similes, metaphors, and personification to construct meaning and developing an appreciation of figurative language.
Get everything you need to run a successful Book Club using Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt:
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 6 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Figurative Language
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Each package includes a list of specific vocabulary words found within the book and a set of resources to help students build their vocabulary, practice using new words, and to become more aware of new vocabulary while working and reading independently.
Tuck Everlasting Vocabulary Connections
Before your students can fully comprehend and enjoy Tuck Everlasting, it’s helpful to introduce words that might be new to readers. Either download the Tuck Everlasting Super Pack or this individual Vocabulary Builder for resources and activities that support Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary growth through fun and productive interactions with new words.