Lesson Plans • Resources • Activities
The Twits Super Pack
Roald Dahl’s story about two of the smelliest, nastiest, ugliest people in the world is sure to have your students laughing out loud. Use the constant trickery and the story of revenge as a springboard for examining cause and effect relationships in text. By taking the time to notice how the characters react to one another, readers will draw connections between the cause and effect relationships that move this classic story along.
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
Get everything you need to run a successful Book Club using The Twits by Roald Dahl:
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 5 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Cause and Effect
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Each package includes a list of specific vocabulary words found within the book and a set of resources to help students build their vocabulary, practice using new words, and to become more aware of new vocabulary while working and reading independently.
The Twits Vocabulary Connections
Introduce students to the new vocabulary in The Twits. This Vocabulary Connections resource has everything you need to support Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary development. Download the individual resource or the Super Pack for fun, productive activities to support comprehension of the new words in the book.