Lesson Plans • Resources • Activities
The Chocolate Touch Super Pack
Students will be entertained by this classic story about a boy who learns to be careful what you wish for. John Midas loves chocolate above all other food. He eats it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. On a mission to eat more chocolate, John buys chocolate from a candy store. Soon everything John touches with his mouth turns into chocolate including his mother! The lesson John learns in The Chocolate Touch lays the perfect foundation for readers learning to determine theme.
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
Get everything you need to run a successful Book Club using The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling:
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 7 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Determining Theme
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Each package includes a list of specific vocabulary words found within the book and a set of resources to help students build their vocabulary, practice using new words, and to become more aware of new vocabulary while working and reading independently.
The Chocolate Touch Vocabulary Connections
Introduce students to the new vocabulary in The Chocolate Touch. This Vocabulary Connections resource has everything you need to support Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary development. Download the individual resource or the Super Pack for fun, productive activities to support comprehension of the new words in the book.