Lesson Plans • Resources • Activities
I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 Super Pack
When Danny and his mother moved from New York City to Hawaii, it was to get away from the dangers of a big city. Angry with his mother’s decision to move, Danny plans to leave and return to New York. When the skies above him fill with fighter planes and bombs pound the harbor, Danny is truly afraid and reconsiders whether he can leave his mother after all. Like all of the books in the I Survived Series, this chapter book is the perfect blend of fact and fiction. The author’s sequencing of events creates a fast-paced historical fiction that students will enjoy reading, making it a smart choice for mini-lessons focused on sequence of events and conflict and resolution.
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
Get everything you need to run a successful Book Club using I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 by Lauren Tarshis:
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 5 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Sequence of Events
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
- Bonus: Suggested Mini-Lessons and Questioning Guide for use with any of the I Survived Books
Each package includes a list of specific vocabulary words found within the book and a set of resources to help students build their vocabulary, practice using new words, and to become more aware of new vocabulary while working and reading independently.
I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 Vocabulary Connections
Before your students can fully comprehend and enjoy I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, it’s helpful to introduce words that might be new to readers. Either download the I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor Super Pack or this individual Vocabulary Builder for resources and activities that support Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary growth through fun and productive interactions with new words.