I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 by Lauren Tarshis
When Danny and his mother moved from New York City to Hawaii, it was to get away from the dangers of a big city. Angry with his mother’s decision to move, Danny plans to leave and return to New York. When the skies above him fill with fighter planes and bombs pound the harbor, Danny is truly afraid and reconsiders whether he can leave his mother after all. Like all of the books in the I Survived Series, this chapter book is the perfect blend of fact and fiction. The author’s sequencing of events creates a fast-paced historical fiction that students will enjoy reading, making it a smart choice for mini-lessons focused on sequence of events and conflict and resolution.
Teach with I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 by Lauren Tarshis
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
Get everything you need to run a successful Book Club using I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 by Lauren Tarshis:
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 5 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Sequence of Events
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
- Bonus: Suggested Mini-Lessons and Questioning Guide for use with any of the I Survived Books
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 Resource Set
I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.4.4a L.4.5c L.4.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books.
Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade below and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.