Frindle by Andrew Clements
The story of Nicholas Allen and the invention of his Frindle is a highly entertaining choice for Book Club. The story of creativity, determination, and Nick’s war of words will hold students’ attention, making it easy to focus on main ideas and supporting details in the text.
Teach with Frindle by Andrew Clements
This resource set includes everything you need to deliver meaningful reading instruction
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 6 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Main Idea and Supporting Details
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
Frindle Resource Set
Frindle Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.4.4a L.4.5c L.4.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books.
Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade below and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.