Lesson Plans • Resources • Activities
Frindle Super Pack
The story of Nicholas Allen and the invention of his Frindle is a highly entertaining choice for Book Club. The story of creativity, determination, and Nick’s war of words will hold students’ attention, making it easy to focus on main ideas and supporting details in the text.
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
Get everything you need to run a successful Book Club using Frindle by Andrew Clements:
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 6 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Main Idea and Supporting Details
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Each package includes a list of specific vocabulary words found within the book and a set of resources to help students build their vocabulary, practice using new words, and to become more aware of new vocabulary while working and reading independently.
Frindle Vocabulary Connections
Are your students familiar with new vocabulary used in Frindle? Download this Vocabulary Connections for fun resources and activities that support Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary growth. If you download this book’s Super Pack, these resources are all included.