Lesson Plans • Resources • Activities
Freckle Juice Super Pack
Andrew’s desperate desire to have freckles, a classmate who’s all too eager to help him get them, and the series of events that ensue in this classic Judy Blume chapter book make it the perfect choice for readers learning about conflict and resolution.
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
Get everything you need to run a successful Book Club using Freckle Juice by Judy Blume:
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 5 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Conflict/Resolution
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Each package includes a list of specific vocabulary words found within the book and a set of resources to help students build their vocabulary, practice using new words, and to become more aware of new vocabulary while working and reading independently.
Freckle Juice Vocabulary Connections
Are your students familiar with new vocabulary used in Freckle Juice? Download this Vocabulary Connections for fun resources and activities that support Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary growth. If you download this book’s Super Pack, these resources are all included.