Lesson Plans • Resources • Activities
Bud, Not Buddy Super Pack
Set during The Great Depression, Bud, Not Buddy, tells the story of a 10-year-old boy on a mission to meet his father. Students will quickly become engaged with this award-winning novel and will benefit from studying how Christopher Paul Curtis used a variety of text structures to tell Bud’s story.
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
This resource set includes everything you need to deliver meaningful reading instruction
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 8 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Text Structure
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Each package includes a list of specific vocabulary words found within the book and a set of resources to help students build their vocabulary, practice using new words, and to become more aware of new vocabulary while working and reading independently.
Bud, Not Buddy Vocabulary Connections
Before your students can fully comprehend and enjoy Bud, Not Buddy, it’s helpful to introduce words that might be new to readers. Either download the Bud, Not Buddy Super Pack or this individual Vocabulary Builder for resources and activities that support Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary growth through fun and productive interactions with new words.