Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis
Set during The Great Depression, Bud, Not Buddy, tells the story of a 10-year-old boy on a mission to meet his father. Students will quickly become engaged with this award-winning novel and will benefit from studying how Christopher Paul Curtis used a variety of text structures to tell Bud’s story.
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
Teach with Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis
This resource set includes everything you need to deliver meaningful reading instruction
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 8 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Text Structure
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
Bud, Not Buddy Resource Set
Bud, Not Buddy Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.5.4a L.5.5 L.5.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books.
Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade below and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.