Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
Expertly written, brown girl dreaming is the beautiful autobiography of Jacqueline Woodson. Shared in the text structure of free verse poetry, readers will begin to understand what it was like to be an African American growing up in the 1960’s and 1970’s. This poetic account provides the perfect vehicle for mini-lessons focused on character analysis.
Teach with Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 9 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Character Analysis
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
Brown Girl Dreaming Resource Set
Brown Girl Dreaming Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.5.4a L.5.5 L.5.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books.
Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade below and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.
Teach Every Reader How to Comprehend and Enjoy Children’s Books
• GET STARTED RISK-FREE •
Try us in your classroom for 30 days. If you aren’t completely satisfied, we’ll refund your subscription – No questions asked!