Lesson Plans • Resources • Activities
Brown Girl Dreaming Super Pack
Expertly written, brown girl dreaming is the beautiful autobiography of Jacqueline Woodson. Shared in the text structure of free verse poetry, readers will begin to understand what it was like to be an African American growing up in the 1960’s and 1970’s. This poetic account provides the perfect vehicle for mini-lessons focused on character analysis.
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
Get everything you need to run a successful Book Club using Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson:
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 9 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Character Analysis
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Each package includes a list of specific vocabulary words found within the book and a set of resources to help students build their vocabulary, practice using new words, and to become more aware of new vocabulary while working and reading independently.
Brown Girl Dreaming Vocabulary Connections
Your students will enhance their enjoyment and understanding of Brown Girl Dreaming if they’re prepared for new vocabulary introduced in this text. And this classroom-ready Vocabulary Builder has everything you need. Download the individual Vocabulary Builder or the Super Pack for fun, productive activities that support Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary growth.