Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
Treat your students to this modern classic about a ten-year-old girl, her big-hearted dog, and a town full of people looking for friendship. DiCamillo’s sophisticated characters and heart-warming story set the perfect stage for deep conversations about the ways in which authors develop characters.
Teach with Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
This resource set includes everything you need to deliver meaningful reading instruction
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 6 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Character Development
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
Because of Winn-Dixie Resource Set
Because of Winn-Dixie Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.4.4a L.4.5c L.4.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books. Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade now and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.