Lesson Plans • Resources • Activities
Because of Winn-Dixie Super Pack
Treat your students to this modern classic about a ten-year old girl, her big-hearted dog, and a town full of people looking for friendship. DiCamillo’s sophisticated characters and heart-warming story set the perfect stage for deep conversations about the ways in which authors develop characters.
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
Get everything you need to run a successful Book Club using Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo:
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 6 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Character Development
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Each package includes a list of specific vocabulary words found within the book and a set of resources to help students build their vocabulary, practice using new words, and to become more aware of new vocabulary while working and reading independently.
Because of Winn-Dixie Vocabulary Connections
Introduce students to the new vocabulary in Becuase of Winn-Dixie. This Vocabulary Connections resource has everything you need to support Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary development. Download the individual resource or the Super Pack for fun, productive activities to support comprehension of the new words in the book.