A Long Way from Chicago by Richard Peck
Richard Peck’s series of short stories about the summers two children spend with their grandmother provides a perfect opportunity for students to learn about character perspective. Full of hilarious and sometimes shocking stories, A Long Way From Chicago makes it easy for students to talk about the characters and the ways in which they change and grow each year.
Teach with A Long Way from Chicago by Richard Peck
This resource set includes everything you need to deliver meaningful reading instruction
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 9 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Perspective
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Common Core Alignment
Take a Closer Look at the
A Long Way from Chicago Resource Set
A Long Way from Chicago Vocabulary Connections
Common Core Alignment:
L.5.4a L.5.5 L.5.6
Plan Faster and Discover New Ways to Use the Books in Your School and Classroom Libraries
With a Premium Membership to BookPagez you get unlimited access to thousands of mini lessons for hundreds of books.
Whether you want to focus on comprehension or word work, you'll find exactly what you need inside of our comprehensive Resource Library.
Upgrade below and print everything you need to deliver balanced literacy instruction using popular and award-winning children's literature.