Lesson Plans • Resources • Activities
A Long Way from Chicago Super Pack
Richard Peck’s series of short stories about the summers two children spend with their grandmother provide a perfect opportunity for students to learn about character perspective. Full of hilarious and sometimes shocking stories, A Long Way From Chicago makes it easy for students to talk about the characters and the ways in which they change and grow each year.
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
Get everything you need to run a successful Book Club using A Long Way from Chicago by Richard Peck:
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 9 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Perspective
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Each package includes a list of specific vocabulary words found within the book and a set of resources to help students build their vocabulary, practice using new words, and to become more aware of new vocabulary while working and reading independently.
A Long Way from Chicago Vocabulary Connections
Are your students familiar with new vocabulary used in A Long Way from Chicago? Download this Vocabulary Connections for fun resources and activities that support Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary growth. If you download this book’s Super Pack, these resources are all included.