Lesson Plans • Resources • Activities
Sarah, Plain and Tall Book Club Super Pack
This classic story of Sarah, Plain and Tall is the perfect choice for students who are beginning to read chapter books. The story of family, friendship, loss, and love is one that will hold students’ interest, making it easy to track characters across a longer text.
This Book Club Super Pack includes a Common Core aligned lesson plan and set of resources designed to support small group reading instruction.
Get everything you need to run a successful Book Club using Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan
- Interactive Lesson Plan for 5 Book Club Meetings Focusing on Tracking Characters
- Chapter by Chapter Discussion Guide
- Chapter by Chapter Vocabulary Guide
- Book Club Calendar
- Conversation Prompts
- Expectations for Book Club Anchor Chart / Student Reference Sheet
- Student Self-Evaluation Forms
- Running Record Assessment Tool
- Student Reading Response Guide
- Comprehension Assessment Rubric
- Common Core State Standard Assessment
Each package includes a list of specific vocabulary words found within the book and a set of resources to help students build their vocabulary, practice using new words, and to become more aware of new vocabulary while working and reading independently.
Sarah Plain and Tall Vocabulary Connections
Are your students familiar with new vocabulary used in Sarah Plain and Tall? Download this Vocabulary Connections for fun resources and activities that support Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary growth. If you download this book’s Super Pack, these resources are all included.