Frequently Asked Questions
All of our instructional resources are available as a PDF download and are aligned to Kindergarten - Sixth grade English Language Arts Standards (CCSS and TEKS), making us a great choice for elementary school readers.
In addition to our PDF resources, we have interactive digital activities to support comprehension strategy work with more than 200 popular and award-winning picture books.
By using popular and award-winning children's literature as a springboard for literacy instruction, we make it easy for children to practice key literacy skills while engaging with the best books.
- Comprehension Strategies
- Word Work
- Writing about Reading
- Assessments (comprehension and oral reading fluency)
- Book Clubs
- Extension activities
- Teacher Tools (posters, task cards, genre notebooks, etc.)
- Use the Resource Wizard to identify the books you want to teach with. We'll provide you with a list of mini lessons and activities available for the books you choose.
- Use the filters in our Resource Library to filter the resources according to comprehension skill, strategy, guided reading level, grade level, genre, CCSS, etc. We'll provide you with a list of books you can use and paired resources matched to your instructional goals.
- Guided Reading, Fountas and Pinnell
- Teaching for Deep Comprehension, Linda Dorn
- Reading with Meaning, Debbie Miller
- Teaching for Comprehension and Fluency, Fountas and Pinnell
- The Next Steps in Guided Reading, Jan Richardson